Shop Locally and Support your Community
We realize it is not always possible to buy what you need locally and only ask you to Think Local FIRST!
- Locally owned businesses build strong neighborhoods by sustaining communities, linking neighbors, and by contributing more to local causes.
- When shopping locally, you simultaneously create jobs, fund more city services through sales tax, invest in neighborhood improvement and promote community development.
- Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business, which means you get a higher standard of service.
- Sales taxes fund our communities and provide vital services such as police and fire protection, street repairs and other necessary services.
- Getting to know the store owners is a great reason to shop local. It’s their business, they are the decision-makers and they build a personal relationship with their customers.
- Creativity and entrepreneurship are what the American economy is founded
upon. Nurturing local business ensures a strong community.